Gsolutions was established in 2003. We provide an array of IT services to corporate customers throughout South Africa. Rather than just implement and support the solutions we offer and place an IT management layer around our clients to ensure that the best solutions are implemented in a strategic and sustainable manner.
Gdevelop is the in-house software development division of Gsolutions. Gdevelop specialises in the development of high-quality online applications and websites. We have an opening for an Intermediate level PHP developer.
This is a mid-level position, suitable for a hard-working individual with strong creative programming ability that can work individually and function well in a team environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop new database-driven Web applications as identified by supervisor and management.
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and report results.
- Provide programming coding service of the highest of quality.
- The candidate must be ready and willing to expand his or her knowledge base and grow within the company.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 2 year PHP coding experience· Knowledge about developing under a LAMP stack.
- SVN Knowledge· Self-Motivated· High level of attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current and future software development trends & techniques· Passion for development.
- Knows what it means to be a creative coder· PDF generation using PHP with libraries such as tcpdf.
- Willing to ask questions and share knowledge.
Experience with the products listed below is a definite plus
- Linux System Administration
This position requires
- A hard-working and conscientious individual who is happy to work as part of a team
- Strong programming skills
- A keenness to learn and share information with other staff
- A willingness to maximise productivity to the benefit of the company
- A high level of compliance with the company’s operational procedures
- 45 hour working week
- Open plan office
- All required equipment is provided
- Open door policy with management
- Cafeteria with seating, coffee machine and pool table.
Applications for this position should be sent to Alec Versfeld at email@example.com. All applications must include the following to be considered:
- A covering letter
- Full CV
- Indication of your expected salary
- Notice period